BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Monday, October 8, 2007

Crossmania weekend in Frisco





Wow...definitely feelin the love of 50 years today. Big time CX racing this weekend in Frisco with plenty of local talent throwin it around. In the middle, Dave Burns of the Mountain Pedaler team on the day two run-up. Burnsy crushed it and finished 6th in the mens Cat 4 race. The top pic is Courtney Gregory (mafiaraing.com) drivin to a top ten in the Mens Cat 3 race (Georgia Gould crushed the men's cat 3 race the day before...amazin). And the lower shot is Charlie Brown, shop owner of Mountain Pedaler, cresting the run-up as he prepares for a run at Nationals in Kansas City this year in December. As for myself, racing the open 45+ cat is becoming an excersize in futility as far a high placement in the standings goes as I'm racing against a bunch of ex pro roadies. When Steve Meyer from summit is placing 6th you know you have your work cut out for you. I mean Meyer is a guy who was regularly beating Peter Davis in our Local Mt Bike scene this summer for the first time, which means he is a VERY fast rider, and he is finishing 6th? Yikes. I placed 19th and 14th respectively and despite getting my ass handed to me realize that at 50, it is a blessing to be out there with these guys and that I still LOVE CXing despite the toll on my body and cycling ego. This may actually be the perfect training for Nationals as I'll be in a group of 50+ guys instead of 45+.......we shall see.
Jake Wells also racing for Mafia, crushed the mens open field on Sunday finishing second, sorry I missed that one JW but CB was drivin and had to get back home......ALL LOCALS COME OUT FOR THE TWO EAGLE CX RACES ON THE 20TH AND 21ST OF OCTOBER.....see u there!

No comments:

Post a Comment