BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME, ALWAYS HAS BEEN, ALWAYS WILL BE...

After a year and a half of managing this blog, I finally managed to get some pics of ME on a bike doing something. Thanks to Emil, J and Linda Dubs, and other miscellaneous picture takers for the photos and vij, this post is for me.

Trying to fight back into a race after the crash Getting ready for the 50+ start. Bob Pugh from Sledgehammer Charlies in North Carolina in front of me...he's a good bloke from back east.

Linda Wells all over my ass to "get on it" up the climb..

The start of the "Running away from Ned" category.This was race two for me, the first race on Thursday was when the shit hit the fan at this same point of the race. This is the speed at which I got railed into the steel fencing when two riders behind and to the right of me went down and into my rear wheel.

The first climb, which was substantial for a cyclocross race, but fair considering it was a National Championship race. Ned Overend at the front of course with Henry Kramer who gave him a run for 4 laps. I basically ran into a beehive of fast 50+ racers and although I thought I raced very well considering the circumstances, was simply outclassed on the big climb by most of the field.

Below, Ned (behind the gate marshall) passing two tangled riders near the top of the climb on his last lap, while I try and chase Ned up the hill after he lapped me about 150 yards previous to this spot. One suggestion, don't chase Ned Overend uphill near the end of the race, you will lose several years from your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment