BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Saturday, December 6, 2008

GETTING OLD KIND OF SUCKS SOMETIMES

Wow, everything was coming together perf for the CX States tomorrow and Nationals next weekend when I headed up to Beaver Creek on Wednesday to go crush powder. I was super psyched to finally jump in the 45+ open cat on Sunday after racing with the 35+ cat 4's all season.
The snow was deep and super soft on much of the new terrain they opened. Everything was super cool, a typical pow day with effortless turns and snow rolling up the front of my bod. Then a familiar feeling I have not experienced for many years. The "snap" of the rubber band on the lower portion of my back immediately reminding me of lower back issues which have plagued me for 25 years. I knew I was in trouble as my herniated L4/L5 disc decided to "slip" into the bad place. It's funny, when you have an "issue" like this, and if you do you know what I speak of, all the stretching, yoga, and core work you attempt to do seems to just get thrown right in the toilet, last year it was the frozen mud ruts that did me in at KCCX, this year a small section of "gelatin" like material in my body which has decided to press on nerves.
Now, the day before States I can barely sit in a chair. Fuck. I'm not angry or pissed, I'm just old. It's not like I have'nt gotten anything out of my body for 51 years, to the contrary, I've battered the living hell out of my body, once in a while the bod must tell me to "take it easy old chum".
The beauty of it is that it is not the end of the world, I've tried valiantly over the past two days to "work" it out and get my back straight enough to race Sunday, but this morning, Saturday, it's not looking good. So barring a mircale recovery today while lying on the floor I'm out. However, I'll be there in spirit if I don't make it. More Cowbell to all of you guys and gals, it sucks getting old sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. Larry! Dude, that sucks! Rest well though and get better ASAP! By the way, where'd the post about driving cars go? I noticed it earlier, but didn't get a chance to watch it, and now it's GONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Macky..
    The car post...I took it off because it auto loaded everytime the page came up, got annoying, I'll see if I can get the e-mail sent to me again from the dude who sent it and forward it to you. It was pretty sweet.
    The back, well, I was able to work it for a few hours on Friday and Saturday and get it "straight" enough to compete, I wasnt really able to race well due to no power output but I did FINISH the State Championship race, and I was pretty psyched to be able to ride with my age group despite my finish. 39th out of 50 starters...every ride is a blessing. Hope you are well and kickin it!

    ReplyDelete