BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Monday, January 5, 2009

THE GREATEST CHANNUKAH GIFT OF ALL TIME

I realize that if you follow this blog at any level that you might be expecting a deep introspective post about my favorite Channukah gift of all time, some heart felt heirloom (sp) that has been passed down through the ages or something of that source, I do have that side to my schizoid personalities, however, upon hitting the post office this morning I was greeted by a Holiday box from my brother and his family in Boston, which is kind of like the presentation of the ten commandments in my family...and it was actually here FOR THE HOLIDAY for which it was sent. We have this bad habit of either sending nothing at all or getting it out just in time for the next years Holiday, a year or so late. So when I opened up the box, with hesitation, as I thought it might be some type of Unibomber explosive devise after I personally knocked the Red Sox out of the World Series this year...well, I must say I found the greatest Channukah gift ever. TWO boxes of the Little Rascals DVD collection, which means, 12 discs, each with 9 or 10 episodes. You may all find this hard to believe, but I watched the Little Rascals religously right BEFORE I went to school everyday as a child in New Jersey, which was very helpful for my behavior while at school as I learned the art of sarcasm and smartassness at a very early age. Then Michael Jackson goes and buys the rights to the film and pulls it off the airways because he finds the portrayal of Buckwheat racist and inappropritate to show on TV while he is sticking his hands down little boys underwear at his deceivingly evil backyard amusement park. Well, now thanks to my bro I have my hands back on these DVD gems and will once again laugh my way through every episode...heaven. Life is soooo simple it is scarry.

No comments:

Post a Comment