BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE BRING?

Many years ago, when I was a professional musician and flyfishing guide while living in Summit County, one of my favorite drives was down to the South Platte river in the South Park Basin. The drive was peaceful, and the flyfishing world class. Three reservoirs are within a very condensed area there, Antero, Eleven Mile and Spinney, and they are all known for holding VERY LARGE fish. One day while driving down there to fish, I noticed a "Land for Sale" sign so I stopped in. Later that day I had purchased this lot. I scrimped and saved every penny I made for a few years, while many of my friends were buying lids of hooch, to pay for it until I owed zilch on it, which for a bonified ski bum took some resolve. Four acres of insane views in one of Colorado's most incredible valleys. These are the views, there actually is a South Park, Colorado. There is enough property and terrain change to build a nice CX loop on it. It'd be a nice spot for a cabin in the future.

spinney reservoir with pike's peak in the background
the view to the south
the collegiates, to the NW from the highpoint

No comments:

Post a Comment