BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Monday, February 2, 2009

KIND WORDS FROM KATIE COMPTON....

These words from National CX Champion and bronze medalist at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, Katie Compton ...to all of you.
this via e-mail. KC is just all class...

Hey Guys,
I've received so many emails from all of you that I thought it would be easier to send one response instead of many. I want to thank all of you for your support through the whole season, and especially over this weekend. I loved every email and every kind word of support.
That all meant a lot to me. Everything sent to me pre-race fueled the fire prior to the start, and all the congrats and support I received afterwards was amazing. I'm so happy to have this much support from my friends and cross lovers. I'm lucky to have so many people
cheering for me!
I raced as best I could yesterday and put my whole heart into it so I'm happy about that. I also knew many of you were either getting up early to watch the race or checking the results as soon as you woke up, so I wanted to do the best, not only for me, but for all of you
who missed out on valuable beauty sleep to see me race. It wasn't the outcome I was hoping for, but on a fast course like that there is only some much I can do. We prayed for rain and a muddy course all week but woke up to beautiful blues skies and cold temps for 7 days straight. And this
morning we woke up to a wet snow. Gotta love that timing. Thanks again to everyone, it has been a wonderful season and I'm already looking forward to next year. Mark and I will spend the next few days enjoying Belgium and actually get to go see some stuff (in the rain of course). We head home on Friday and will enjoy some down time then. Next race is the 24hrs of Old Pueblo in a couple weeks. Game on.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment