BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Thursday, October 1, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW...LIGHT AND MOTION SECA 400

The SECA 400 System from Light and Motion
So I called out to several light manufacturers to let them know that Elgee was looking for the ultimate lighting system for night riding on the MTB. Grasciously a couple of companies stepped up and are sending my product to test right here on A2B. One of those companies is Light and Motion. There is something that tells me that when these guys step up and immediately send out product that they are pretty damn confident that you are gonna dig it. I've wanted to try out one of these "three across" type of lamps for a while. I've also wanted to check out a helmet mount system as I've only ridden my old school Night Rider bar mount which I've been pretty happy with for six years, but the battery is large and heavy. Soooo I took the Seca 400 out for a spin a couple of nights ago. The system is super lightweight, VERY easy to operate, simple to adjust light angle on the fly (even on your helmet) and provides a really nice field of vision while riding windy singletrack which is what I chose to test ride. I did not even notice the light on top of my helemt due to how lightweight it is. The 400 Lumens were plenty good and with three intensity setting which you can change with a quick click of a large button, the light is just perf. The burn time on the highest light setting is 2.5 hours (440 Lumens). I rode about 90 minutes and the light never lost intensity on the high setting. I also like the smaller battery and the ease of sticking it in a jersey pocket and just riding, no power cables to secure to the frame or any of that nonsense. Be sure to wear your helemt snug and you will have virtually zero "light bounce" while riding. I would really like to see what their SECA 900 is capable of as the 400 was pretty damn sweet, and I'm gonna run it as a helmet mount on my night laps at the 24 Hours of Moab. I was expecting a wider beam from this light, but the ease of seeing where you are looking with the helmet mount is perf. This light and system get a big thumbs up from A2B.

No comments:

Post a Comment