BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? BOULDER REZ AGAIN? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I would prefer to do this on Sunday
And NOT thisNot that I'm tooo pissed or anything, but I do believe I was planning on racing at Harlow Platts this Sunday for Boulder Cup Day. Now before YOU get your panties in a ball and think I'm gonna start railing on the promoters (ahem)......well, they actually have nothing to do with this one as Mr. Grealish stated in his informative release...

"Race director Chris Grealish described the move as the best alternative given the fragility of the turf at Harlow Platts, "The racers love Harlow Platts because of the challenging nature of the grassy terrain but we have an agreement with the City of Boulder to make a move if conditions there risk long-term damage to the park."
So, this particular rant is directed at the City of Boulder, who is hoping to bring a National Championship CX race to town. Hey Boulder, do you get it? Run the race and then I'LL volunteer to throw a little grass seed around on the venue after the race. Gawd forbid it should get a hair muddy for a CYCLOCROSS RACE. Bajeez, Portland and Seattle are laughing at us, I can hear it through the dense blizzard skies. Maybe we could get together for a round of hacky sack or ultimate frisbee afterwards...
Here is what kind of sucks, I THOUGHT I had suffered enough at the Rez this season, by gawd the course was a devilish thing last weekend, and all though I had fun despite a mid race flat which I tried to ride out (to no avail, gogogogogoatheads, gotta luv em), I have RUN ENOUGH in the sand at that venue this season. So, is there any resolve? I think not. This could have been the Epic of Epics, the race that put Boulder on the map of classic CX races in most horrid and fun conditions, but instead, I'm forced to go buy three big bottles of Stan's to fill up my tires solid with the stuff for the race at the Rez...WELL, shit my pants.

I just have one request, leave that fucking hump out of the course we had to run over on the beach last weekend, please.
City of Boulder owes all of us. Damn, I'm ready for the Wilderness Hidden Gems meeting now.....

1 comment:

  1. And people still want to go on and on this year about why we aren't as cool as Seattle or Portland and our numbers suck compared to theirs.

    What if we got Nationals, and then it rained? Would we cancel the race until it's dry and dusty again?

    ReplyDelete