BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

The only place to stay current on the latest manic ramblings from the Florida Panhandle.

CHEEKY FLY REELS, THE OFFICIAL REEL OF BALLS TO THE WALL FISHING

Monday, October 5, 2009

IT'S OFFICIAL, THEY ALL KNOW JAKE WELLS NOW...

All Photos Tom Hopper
Daughter Tatum preps dad's wheels for day two of Frisco Cross.
Jake Wells with his "I'm not here to fuck around" game face day two start. Those are my words, nobody elses, god only knows I need qualifiers on A2B anymore so I do not hurt anyone's feelings out there in blog reader land.
Trying to stay loose before finding out yeah, this shit is for real...Jake Wells taking a turn at the front with Matt Pacocha, a very slight stumble by Dwight on day two gave the two leaders enough of a gap to up the anty and relieve themselves of Brandon as a threat, and he is certainly a threat.Pacocha taking a pull after his teammate Coyle had launched the lead group earlier in the race. Coyle held on for a fourth place finish.
Wells doubles up at Frisco Cross 2009, this was a statement for sure.
Jake and Linda's daughter Tatum gets ready to go crush the chainless class...
Look, you may believe as you wish, but the metamorphosis is now complete. Damn I was fortunate to get a call from Scotty Bourque this past week to come and call the action at Frisco Cross 2009 both Saturday and Sunday. Who'd have thunk it would have happened, I mean you always hope for the best for your friends, but to think that Jake Wells would sweep the weekend open field men's races was just a pipe dream, one win would be monumental, two would be a downright LOUD statement. Many of you probably think I've jumped on the Wells bandwagon the past couple of years, but I've know Jake for a while now, ridden bikes with him for many years, watched him race as a "sport" level racer just five years ago, have seen him climb the ranks slowly, watched the bad breaks in person, saw the successes as well. Jake, wife Linda and daughter Tatum have been through alot to get here today. Jake has worked his ASS OFF to get here, and the fam has been there everystep of the way, as well as many friends. Then 12th at Cross Vegas two weeks ago, now this, and the best part of it for me I some how manage to get a call to fill in for DAVE TOWLE, the voice of Cross and call the action as I saw it. If I sounded emotional in the call and maybe a little in favor of J Dubs, well, I was, and I'll never apologize for that. Damn I'm pleased for the boy, even if he never wins another race again, I was there when he did, and it was awesome, but I somehow think this is just the beginning.....go get sum Jdubs.

1 comment:

  1. ha! a reader of your blog here for a while now.. didn't realize you were announcing Frisco. You totally called me out twice in the SM4's - the second time making me bobble my TOTALLY NEWB mount.. ha love it - keep it up if you ever do it again!

    ReplyDelete